18 July through 2 August 2020Revised July 28, 2020
You can submit each of your results the day you compete.
Click on Submit Results link included in your confirmation email.
If you do not have the confirmation email:
- Click here Status of Entries
- Find your name on the page
- Click Submit Result button.
Once on the page:
- Type the performance(s)
- Select the appropriate Category
- Provide a brief description how the competition qualifies as Category A if applicable
- Click Submit
- Category A – Pre-organized competitions run by organizations at an athletics facility like a track, designated jumping / throwing field or arena or gym with all applicable WMA rules being followed.
- Category B – Officiated competitions at an athletics facility. As described above, officials can be friends or fellow competitors timing, marking, measuring and calling fouls.
- Category C – Road, parking lot, field or wherever else the athlete can compete safely
Results will be posted here after the event has concluded. They will be by age group and searchable by affiliation, region, athlete and competition category. The plan for results is as follows:
- Worldwide Challenge organizers review performances and Categories as they are submitted. Organizations will be contacting athletes requesting clarifications when needed.
- Athletes submit results no later than 11:59PM US Pacific Time on 4 August.
- Preliminary results posted on 5 August.
- People are welcome and encouraged to give feedback on performances like performance accuracy or appropriate Category. Anyone can access the provide feedback form by clicking on the performance – they are links to the form. The deadline for providing feedback is 12 August.
- Worldwide Challenge organizers finalize results by 20 August.
Results, and an article on the Challenge, will be published in the October / November issue of National Masters News! Pre-ordering the issue is recommended for those who do not have a subscription as a limited number of extra issues will be available. Click here to pre-order.
Safety and Health Statement: Safety of athletes and all involved is paramount. Everyone involved must adhere to all applicable safety practices. Furthermore, it will be the responsibility of participating athletes to act within World Health Organization (WHO) and government guidelines for health and safety when participating in this event.
Five year age groups for Men and Women starting at 35 years of age. Athletes ages are as of July 18, 2020.
- Follow WMA rules of competition where appropriate.
- Competitions must be done safely following all applicable World Health Organization (WHO) and government guidelines.
- Competition is open to everyone who can compete in a safe area regardless of whether WMA rules can be followed. Competition results will be grouped in three categories (see Results section below). Read Frequently Asked Questions for examples.
- Participants compete between July 18 and August 2, 2020. Participants can perform an event once in the date period!
- RESULTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ON OR BEFORE MIDNIGHT US PACIFIC TIME ON AUGUST 4, 2020. RESULTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT TIME AND DATE.
Thank you Toronto2020
The Toronto2020 Team was working hard to provide the greatest WMA Championship ever for Masters Athletes. Through this challenge, we honor the Toronto2020 Team and The Greatest Meet That Almost Was. Thank you, Toronto Athletics Event Management Inc. Team for everything you did and wanted to do.
- Diplomas – participants can download after Challenge
- Best Male and Female Throws Pentathlon Score provided by Axel Hermanns, www.lampis.net
- Award to be Determined – provided by MastersRankings.com. We have heard so many interesting stories about your challenges to participating and what you have done to overcome them, plans you have to make this special and commemorate and what this Challenge means to you. We will be soliciting more from you and establishing an award based on those stories.
Fellow athlete, Erwin Suvaal, designed the logo for this event. Thank you so much, Erwin, for producing it so quickly. Erwin has t-shirts and singlets commemorating the event available for purchase. If you would like one, click here to contact him directly.