Someone else is doing it so I do not have to – this is what so many athletes out there are saying to themselves. It will be sad if MastersRankings.com (aka World Masters Rankings) does not exist in 2018 because not enough athletes contribute and help ensure others know their support is needed.
33% of the funding needed by October 31 so the site can continue next year has been raised. This has come from 964 contributors (mostly athletes) – thank you so much for your support, generosity and encouragement. It will be easy to raise the funding needed if you ask your fellow competitors to contribute and encourage others to do the same.
Easy links to get contribute and get membership:
- World Record Member ($500)
- National Record Member ($250)
- Gold Medal Member ($100)
- Silver Medal Member ($50)
- Bronze Medal Member ($25)
Members can access special features like 2017 In-Progress, Age Graded and All-Time Rankings – Click for More Info
What happened in Rankings this month
My 2016 rankings improved!
A wide variety of work gets done with the rankings each month. The major tasks are:
Inserted performances and those that are not inserted are the most noticeable of all these – you notice the effect on your rankings! Much progress was made with corrections this month (I held off on doing many until I confirmed the root cause was corrected). Corrections included combining duplicates and correcting nationalities, genders and age groups. The result of all this work is about 1,000 duplicate athletes & probably a few thousand results were removed. There were also a few hundred performances with wrong age group and duplicates of the correct age group. The best performances for each athlete / year / season / event were also updated by deleting the rankings lists then restoring using the best from the complete performances lists. Consequently, some of your rankings may have improved without you improving your performance! The rankings lists are the most accurate (least number of errors) than ever before.
Other progress in July:
All-Time Lists – much of the progress is not apparent. The corrections described above are extremely important for the All-Time lists because they progress integrating performances obtained from outside sources with MastersRankings’ athletes. Completing integration and automatically updating the lists is on schedule for this year.
More National Rankings – made significant progress developing means to efficiently prepare these for inserting into the rankings. Therefore, even more national rankings lists will be updated in the World Rankings lists on a monthly basis!!! Please email me with a link to any national rankings list – I may not be aware of it and can work on inserting them monthly too.
Plans for August
Inserting performances from national rankings lists
Like mentioned above, getting these into the rankings is quicker than ever. Therefore, I plan on inserting all the rankings I know of into the World Rankings this month so these are up-to-date. Please let me know where I can find national rankings lists and hopefully these can be updated by the end of August.
Get caught up with National Championship & WMA Regional results
There are several National Championships which I have either not yet inserted or do not know where to find results. Please submit results for any National or WMA Championship not currently in the rankings. Results for the EMA and NCCWMA championships will be inserted within 2 days of meet completion.
When I was born in 1960, it was already decided that I should be involved in athletics. My mother Tove Jensen was an athletics girl and was several times Danish champion in sprint and combined events. My father Poul Jensen was 800m and 1500m runner and always No. 2 after Gunnar Nielsen who in 1955 set world record on the 1500m run with 3.40.8 sec. So I have become a good mix of both of them.
- 40,203 Performances Added (523 by Athletes)
- Representing 19,532 Athletes from 89 Countries
- 8,052 new athletes listed
- USATF Masters Outdoor Championships, USA
- Deutsche Seniorenmeisterschaften, GER
- Championnats de France Masters, FRA
- Xxvii Mistrzostwa Polski Weteranów La, POL
- Irish Masters Track and Field Championships, IRL
- Championnats de France Masters En Salle, FRA
- Masters Combined Events National Championship, USA
- Washington State Senior Games, USA
- 2017 Iowa Senior Games, USA
- Österreichische Masters Meisterschaften, AUT
- Xi Campeonato de España de Clubes Veteranos, ESP
- Langley Pacific Invitational Meet, CAN
- 2017 USATF East Region Masters T&f Championships, USA
- Ultimate Runner, USA
- USA Masters Games San Diego, USA
- Wakayama castle – The Tokugawa Shogun Family used to reside in this castle
- Kimiidera – A Buddhist temple founded approximately 1,250 years ago. The stadium is located within the temple park.
- Beautiful autumn leaves – October, when the championship will be held, is one of the most beautiful seasons in Wakayama. You will enjoy seeing leaves turn to autumn red and orange colors.
It is quite a feeling. The thrill of competing as part of your national team is not limited to those on the medal stand. It is an amazing experience at the officially recognized international competitions including making friends with people from all over the world and Olympic like competitions.
Where: Aarhus, Denmark